Negative Supply has announced a new 35mm film carrier for home scanning, and said it is their most advanced model yet.
The Pro Film Carrier 35 is aimed at enthusiasts who want to scan their film with a DSLR, and offers the ability to scan half-frame and panoramic photos as well as normal 35mm frames.
“The Pro Film Carrier 35 is a professional tool capable of scanning all 35mm film formats including half frame, full frame (standard 35mm), and panoramic sizes in a single capture while maximising film flatness,” Negative Supply said.
“Featuring smooth-running bearings, solid CNC machined construction, and a suite of thoughtful and modular accessories, the Pro Film Carrier 35 is the ultimate tool for 35mm film scanning. Introduced with a full suite of accessories, the Pro Film Carrier 35 is ready to blend into your existing Negative Supply setup or become the new foundation of your home scanning workflow.”
Calling it the “most advanced film carrier on the market”, it listed the carrier’s specifications as:
- Scans 35mm half frame up to panoramic frames in a single capture with included custom masks for each format
- Most advanced 35mm film carrier on the market
- Modular design with replaceable internal cassette for future updates and accessories
- Solid machined aluminium frame for durability and professional use
- Compatible with the Pro Mount MK2 with an updated adapter plate that will retain the mounting point for our anti-static dust removal brush
- Compatible with our 4×5 Light Source Basic with custom adapter plate similar to our Basic Film Carrier 35 Stabilizing Mask
- Tighter, flatter and smoother film advancement with an updated transport mechanism utilising more efficient rollers and a refined smooth-running bearing
- Preset film gate to accommodate for film drift from frame to frame, ensuring consistent lines and framing across a roll of 35mm film
“We listened to existing users when they asked for certain other features,” Negative Supply said. “A common request was an adjustable tensioner in the scanning cassette so that your film doesn’t “drift” when you’re advancing film through the carrier. This is preset during product evaluation during the assembly process. This makes auto adjustments in post processing much faster and provides pro-level consistency frame to frame.
“More than anything else though, we were asked for panoramic and half frame support. Among our goals was to include support for half frame and panoramic 35mm formats (alongside standard 35mm) all in one device with no compromises.”
The carriers are available to order now and cost $399 (£346).