LOMOgraphy has launched a new Leica M-mount ultra-wide lens via Kickstarter.
The Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens was launched on Kickstarter on Wednesday (3 February). Designed to Leica M-mount rangefinders, it can also be used on mirrorless cameras such as the Nikon Z series and Sony E cameras.
The lens, which will have a recommended retail price of $549 (£402), is being offered for £399 (£292) – a discount of 27%.
LOMOgraphy says: “With the LOMOgraphy Atoll Ultra-Wide Art Lens you will see the world like never before. Now you can capture landscape, action, street and travel photography as well as breathtaking film from dynamic documentary to awe-inspiring action-adventure in jaw-dropping detail with digital and analogue cameras. Your ultra-wide shots will exaggerate relative size and boast impressive depth for eye-catching, inspiring, immersive photography and film.”
It listed the lens’ features as:
- Designed for full-frame mirrorless Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony E cameras and rangefinder coupled for M mount analogue and digital cameras
- Ultra-wide 103º field of view with minimal distortion, vibrant colors and strong contrast
- Closest focusing distance of 0.1m with Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony E cameras and 0.25 m with M-mount cameras
- Enhanced rectilinear optic design for eye-popping colours and boosted saturation even in low-light situations
- Compact prime lens optimized for photo and video with helicoid focusing mechanism, dampened aperture control ring and short focus throw
You can see some of the images taken on the lens below:
(All images provided by LOMOgraphy – see Kickstarter for photographer info)
The campaign was seeking to raise $100,000 (£73,200) and achieved this in the first eight hours of the campaign.
The lenses are expected to start shipping in August 2021.