Harman has released as motorised 35mm simple camera called the EZ-35.
The new camera comes after the release of Harman’s reloadable Kentmere camera in 2019.
Harman – the makers of the Ilford and Kentmere-branded films – listed the camera’s specifications as:
- Lens: 31mm, F/11
- Focusing: Focus-free, 1m (3.3ft) to infinity
- Viewfinder:70% view
- Film transport: Motorised load, advance and rewind
- Flash: Built-in flash, 15-second recycle time
- Lens cover: Also acts as shutter lock
- Dimensions:110mm (W) x 62mm (H) x 38mm (D)
- Weight: 126g (w/o battery)
The cameras are listed for sale on the Ilford site for £47.99, including a roll of HP5 Plus.
A statement from Harman reads: “The Harman EZ-35 is a 35mm reusable film camera with motorised load, frame advance and rewind functionality making it the ideal camera for anyone starting out in film photography or those looking for a simple point and shoot option to capture their world.
“With a ‘focus free’, 31mm, f/11 lens, this excellent, environmentally friendly alternative to single use cameras works with all brands of both black-and-white and colour film (ISO 400 recommended).
“It includes a built-in flash with 15 seconds recycle time for indoor or trickier lighting conditions as well a lens cover/shutter lock to ensure you don’t waste a shot.
“The box contains everything you need to immediately start shooting including one roll of Ilford HP5 Plus 35mm 36-exposure black-and-white film, one of the world’s most iconic and popular films, as well as a standard AA battery and a wrist strap.”
The EZ-35 comes amidst a boom in the release of simple reloadable cameras, kickstarted by the Lomography Simple Use cameras in 2018.
Support Kosmo Foto
Keep Kosmo Foto free to read by subscribing on Patreon for as little as $1 month, or make a one-off payment via Ko-Fi. All your donations really help.
- Fujifilm axes large-format Velvia 50 and Pro 160NS 120 - 16/10/2021
- Omnar Lenses launches first Leica M-mount conversion - 16/10/2021
- Analogue Wonderland’s WonderLab launches - 13/10/2021