Chinese lens maker ZY Optics has announced a new 50/0.95 standard lens for Leica M-mount cameras.
The new lens – the Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm 0.95 – is a new version of the lens already made for mirrorless mounts such as Sony E, Canon RF and Nikon Z.
ZY Optics has the lens listed for a price of $799 (£585).
The lens features 11 elements arranged in eight different groups, including two low-dispersion elements, which reduces the risk of chromatic aberrations.
The lens maker lists the lens’ specs as follows:
- Aperture range: f/0.95 to f/16
- Two extra-low dispersion elements
- One ultra-high refraction element
- Stepless, silent aperture control
- Manual-focus design
- Supports rangefinder coupling
- Nine-rounded blade aperture
- Compatible with third-party AF adapters (i.e. Megadap MTZ11 / Techart TZM-01 / LM-EA7
XY Optics says: “The Mitakon Speedmaster 50mm f/0.95 for Leica M mount produces seductive bokeh in sharp and clear pictures even with the maximum aperture wide opened. Comparing to other lenses in the Mitakon Speedmaster series, which are the Sony E/ Canon R/ Nikon Z mounts, this Leica M-mount offers the greatest sharpness to the images captured, especially on mirrorless cameras.
“Its f/0.95 maximum aperture makes the lens one of the fastest lens in the market for Leica cameras. A shallow depth of field endows pictures with an enchanting and dreamy ambience, with the main character perfectly separated from the background. Soft and enticing bokeh can be formed in this picture, adding additional romantic sense to the picture. Its nine rounded blades aperture creates a soft and perfectly circular bokeh that all photographers are craving for.”
- MiNT’s plans for a 60s-styled premium 35mm compact camera - 27/09/2022
- ORWO teases tungsten colour film amid ongoing delays to NC500 production - 22/09/2022
- Cameras for sale: September 2022 - 21/09/2022