Reveni Labs has announced the latest model in its range of external light meters, the Reveni Labs Incident Meter.
The meter includes a top-mounted diffuser dome which allows it to taken incident readings, aswell as a front-mounted reflective ambient sensor.
The meter is operated with a five-way switch and also has a hand strap which allows it to be operated with just one hand.
According to Reveni Labs, other features include:
- Incident ambient, colour and flash measurement via the top-mounted diffuser dome
- Full colour LCD for clear, with easy-to-understand information
- 3.5mm flash-sync port (tolerant of high voltages)
- Wireless flash detection
- Incident metering range of EV 0.7 to 18 at ISO 100
- Reflective metering range: EV 0.5 to 21.5 at ISO 100
- Shutter speed range of one hour to 1/8000 in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Aperture range of f/0.7 to f/1024 in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop increments
- Film range from ISO 1 to 12,800
- Exposure compensation +/–3 in 1/3 stop increments
- Runs on two AAA batteries (included)
The meter can be pre-ordered now via the Reveni Labs site in Canada, and is expected to start shipping in January 2023, the company’s founder Matt Bechberger told Kosmo Foto. The meter costs CAN$250 (£164/$182/€187).
The incident meter is the latest model in Reveni Labs’ expanding range of light meters, which started with the company’s original hot shoe light meter launched via Kickstarter in March 2020.
In 2021, Bechberger followed this model with the Reveni Labs Spot Meter, a modern spot meter with a 1.5 degree metering zone, equivalent to a 6in (15cm) circle at 20ft away.
Since then, the meters have been joined by a number of other metering accessories, including hard cases, wrist straps, battery packs and right-angle shoe adaptors for the meters.
- The memorial to Kyiv’s camera-making past - 04/12/2022
- Ilford Photo releases Kentmere Pan 100 and 400 for 120 cameras - 01/12/2022
- First rolls: Kentmere Pan 100 120 and 400 120 - 01/12/2022