The new A4-sized mask will be in stock on 19 April but is already available for pre-order. It costs £7.49 + VAT.
Pixl-latr says the new mask has three functions:
- Masks extraneous light, helping to ensure high quality results
- Stops the pixl-latr film holder from slipping on the surface
- Grips strips of roll film either side of the holder, providing a more stable platform for scanning
Pixl-latr, the brainchild of 35mmc founder Hamish Gill, was released last year after being funded on Kickstarter in 2018. It’s one of a raft of film holders which have been launched to tap into the burgeoning market for home scanning using digital cameras, including the recent Cameradactyl Mongoose automated film-scanning holder.
- ‘World’s largest camera collection’ begins selling at auction - 08/08/2022
- First rolls: Film Washi X - 06/08/2022
- FILM Ferrania announces QR codes for individual P30 rolls - 03/08/2022